Health, Safety, Environment and Communities
Excellence in Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Communities (HSSEC) management is one of the foundations of Rossing Uranium’s vision to be the safest and most efficient, long-life uranium producer in the world. This is in line with our commitment to Zero Harm, corporate citizenship, social responsibility and sustainability.
- The protection of the health and safety of our employees, contractors, stakeholders and neighbouring communities.
- Operating our business with respect and care for both the local and global environment in order to prevent and mitigate residual pollution.
- Understand and manage the effects of our product through its entire life cycle.
- Work with integrity and be in full compliance with applicable legislation and industry best practice.
- Seek continual and sustained improvement in HSSEC performance to create a Zero Harm work environment.
- Identify and assess hazards arising from our activities and manage associated risks to the lowest practical level.
- Manage process safety hazards by ensuring critical controls are in place and functional to prevent any catastrophic event
- Enhance biodiversity protection by assessing and considering ecological values and land-use aspects in investment, operational and closure activities.
- Continue in our efforts to raise the awareness of HSSEC issues in our neighbouring communities.
- Regularly review our performance and publicly report our progress.
- Communicate our commitment to this HSSEC policy to all interested and affected parties.
In implementing this policy we will engage in constructive dialogue with our employees, contractors, neighbouring communities and all other stakeholders in sharing relevant information and responsibilities for meeting our requirements.
31 January 2023